Position Summary: Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Cook is in charge of the food operations within a convenience store. They schedule their staff and ensure that proper safe food handling techniques are utilized. ServSafe Certification is required for this position. Cook must follow Krispy Krunchy guidelines all time.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice programs and procedures.
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
- Complete other tasks as assigned by store management.
- Follow proper coding procedures. Check expiration codes and inspect all items once during shift. Pull expired items, document and discard.
- Inspect all food items in deli to ensure the proper temperature and freshness. Maintain the quality of all food items.
- Adhere to all FastStop safety standards.
- Check computer for orders and begin filling by making food according to customer specifications and requests.
- Wrap and ladle food orders. Hand orders to customers for purchase at register.
- Work with a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including knives, ovens, steam tables, etc.
- Retrieve perishable items from refrigerator/freezer for replenishment and stocking.
- Perform general housekeeping, including dish washing and sweeping, etc.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: walking, standing, handling, reaching horizontally, grasping firmly and pushing buttons.
- Perform the following physical behaviors frequently during their shift: bending stooping, squatting, pulling drawers and reaching below the waist.
- Perform the following physical behaviors occasionally during their shift: climbing and balancing on step ladder, crouching, kneeling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder
- Occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Continuously lift weights of up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally carry weights of up 35 lbs within a 40 ft distance.
- Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures using appropriate personal protective equipment.
Additional Essential Job Duties:
- Complete indoor housekeeping functions including cleaning, dusting, mopping and emptying trash in all areas of the store. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Some housekeeping functions will require the use of a ladder.
- Complete outdoor housekeeping functions including cleaning, power washing, sweeping, picking up and emptying trash,and keeping sidewalks/parking lot safe. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals, salt, spill absorbents, etc.
- Stock shelves with products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times including dry storage, deli area, refrigerated/freezer items and grocery items.
- Work in cold box and/or freezer for extended periods of time in temperatures around or below freezing. Stack, lift, move, and empty filled crates. Use a ladder when stocking higher shelves.
- Check expiration codes and inspect all items once during shift. Properly rotate product, pull expired items, document and discard.
- Use a handheld device to record and use inventory. Include checking in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Responsible for taking out trash. Operate trash and/or cardboard compactor.
- Stocking and cleaning the beverage area.
- Must be able to adapt to abrupt temperature changes when moving from one environment to another.
- Follow all safety and security initiatives.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in Policy Manual, training materials and other publications.
- Provide a pleasant shopping experience for all customers and respond to customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with store manager regarding customer requests and vendor-related concerns.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned by store management.
- Lead by example by acting safely at all times and prevent others around you from acting in an unsafe manner.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment as required.
- Follow all current safety standards.
- Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized store in accordance to standards.
Other Job Duties:
- Retrieve items from back stock room, carrying out to main floor.
- Clean spills.
Full-time employees must work at least thirty-two (32) hours, but are to be regularly scheduled for no more than forty (40) hours per week. All hours worked in excess of forty hours per week will be paid overtime at one and one-half times the straight hourly rate. New employees will be on a ninety (90) day introductory period, after which their performance and continued employment will be evaluated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.