Position Summary - Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for the overall operations and is leader of a FastStop store. The SM will select, develop and effectively lead a highly engaged team to ensure exceptional customer experience that supports our vision of “Keeps you Goin”. All store SMs are trained internally before taking over an individual store operation to prepare them for the challenge. SMs are eligible for a monthly bonus based upon store performance. Generally, we are looking for multiunit and big-box managers for this position.
The purpose of this job description is to give new employees an overview of what is expected of a Store Manager in the FastStop. The Store Manager is expected to perform all the duties and responsibilities as a Cashier as well as Store Manager. We are recruiting candidates that are up to the challenge of leading others in a high-volume, fast paced environment. As a Manager for one of our convenience store locations, you will be in charge of total operations, customer service and most importantly sales and profitability. We have an excellent benefit program, which includes monthly bonus potential, as well as paid vacations.
The following list is not all-inclusive, the position may be asked to perform other duties, especially those that are not considered usual and customary in the convenience store industry.
- Forecast, Order, Stock and merchandise product.
- Develop and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well-kept.
- Stock refrigerator units with drink and perishable good.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation of store operation paperwork.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and organized.
- Clean front/face and restock shelving, displays and coolers as needed.
- Clean fast food area, equipment and stock as needed. Keep coolers and cooler doors clean.
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms and facilities.
- Observe customers as they are fueling to prevent a drive-off before it happens and be able to report drive off if it happens
- Follow all required procedures for robbery prevention.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Cigarettes must be counted begin & end of shift. Manager must maintain the Log sheet of Cigarettes.
- Make drops in the safe as per instructions
- Money Handling includes Safe Pull, ATM Load, Bank deposits and Safe Loads.
- Prepare Daily Logs accurately as per instructions.
- Analyze daily sales and expense information and take appropriate action to maximize sales and net profits.
- Assist Cashiers with store Operations and following up with other employees so they perform store operations accurately.
- Watching Cameras for Store Safety.
- Ensures store image per company standards.
- Ensures compliance with legal selling hours and age restrictions for all age restricted products.
- Price new merchandise
- Complete and record price changes.
- Recruit, hire and train positive, enthusiastic employees, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Develop position and professional relationships with all suppliers.
- Providing training, coaching and feedback to store employees.
- Schedule employees according to operational needs.
- Advise all the employees working for FastStop of any personnel situations or policy violations
having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
- Treat all associates with dignity and respect and use proper personnel management techniques. Customer Service:
- Promote and ensure a safe, positive, public image within the neighboring community.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service.
- Promote excellent service and resolve customer complaints in a timely professional manner
- Greet and thank you all customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store sales
A. Knowledge/Education/Experience Required:
- Prior convenience store/retail/customer service experience
- A valid driver’s license and adequate transportation.
B. Skills Required:
- Ability to operate a cash register, Credit Card machine and phone card machine
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to operate the store computer and electronic systems.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations like addition, multiplication, subtraction etc.
C. Abilities Required (work characteristics, behaviors, etc.):
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work independently
- Accountable for large amounts of cash
- Walk the store: check for cleanliness, out of stocks, front shelves, check cooler, restrooms and deli
- Walk the lot: check the fuel islands, windshield washer & towels, trash cans, landscaping, fuel
price sign, cigarette post, credit card paper, etc.
- Communicate with employees, customers and vendors
- Training (also includes covering company policies)
- Fill in for employees
- Ability to manage a business that operates 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Store meeting with employees
- Know and follow company policies
- Be able to answer any questions concerning company policies
- Customer service
D. Physical Requirements:
- Stocking may require lifting up to 50 pounds
- Intermittent sitting, standing, or bending
- Exposure to cold temperatures when stocking refrigerator units
- Ability to use safety equipment, including dolly, or hand cart for lifting heavy boxes or other store items, ladders, and grills or deep cooking fryers
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform a daily check by manually inspecting of nozzles, hoses, vapor recovery, spill bucket and other components in the fuel court to ensure safe working conditions. Log information.
- Perform a weekly test of pumps to ensure proper fuel flow. Pump gas into a container and use a stop watch simultaneously to calculate the speed of flow.
- Perform a weekly check of the hazardous waste drum to ensure proper conditions. Place phone call for replacement of hazardous waste drum as needed. Log information.
- Wipe down the fuel area (pumps, trash, valets) with cleaning chemicals. Restock all fuel area supplies and products.
- Replace receipt paper and ensure that credit card payment area has not been tampered with.
- Log the credit card check daily via computer.
- Inspect and wipe down the air pump with cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain the Fuel and Hazmat closet.
- Clear oil and gas spills in accordance with all safety standards. Properly dispose of hazardous material and document clean up in gasoline compliance binder when applicable.
Full-time Manager must work at least Forty (40) hours, but are to be regularly scheduled for no more than forty (40) hours per week. All hours worked in excess of forty hours per week will be paid overtime at one and one-half times the straight hourly rate. New employees will be on a ninety (90) day introductory period, after which their performance and continued employment will be evaluated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.